Thursday, August 30, 2007

Senior Economics

I've heard all about "fixed incomes." Tonight I had my first lesson.

Steve and I planned a hot date at the Sounds baseball game. As we were walking toward the ticket booth, a man stopped us and offered us two vouchers for free tickets. Score!! We obtained our free tickets, and walked in. I was thirsty, and requested liquid refreshment. Score #2 - bottle colas were only $1 (this was also $1 beer night, but that did not interest me.) Finally, upon leaving, we were pleasantly surprised to find out it was bread night (Score #3). Meaning: one of the bakeries pulls up a truck and unloads loaves of bread free for the taking. We took ten. For the two of us.

So, for the price of $5 (Steve had Dippin Dots), we were entertained, refreshed, and fed for awhile (except Steve will distribute the other loaves to the equally cheap people who work in his office).

Now if I can just learn to eat dinner at 4:00 pm . . .

No comments: