Thursday, January 26, 2012

Back In The Air Again

In order to get to our hotel today, we chose to fly in an airplane.  Mainly because it was too far to drive.  Our limit is Orlando, and this was a bit past that.  I haven't flown in many months, mostly by choice, and because our recent trips have been more cost-efficient to drive rather than fly (at least according to my own calculations).

I don't like flying.  It's probably because I am not in control.  Or because it's not the way I would choose to die.  Or because I don't like thinking about what I might be thinking about as my plane plummets to wherever it might plummet to.  I get extremely pre-flying nervous.  And since I don't really drink that much or do the appropriate drugs, I don't have a lot of resources with which to deal with the nervousness.

It doesn't help if there is any iffy weather anywhere in our flight path.  In Nashville, there were forecast showers and possible thunder.  As in storms.  Believe me, if I'm about to get on a plane, I suddenly become a meteorologist.  This, of course, does not assuage my nervousness.

Anyhow, we made it safely to Ft. Lauderdale, with only a small amount of rain-related turbulence.  The flight was fairly smooth and safe, and our flight attendant was very nice and amiable.  Now I just have to contend with the flight home next week.

Wonder if Amtrack can lay down some track to Nashville before then?
*********************************************************************************
Today's blessings:  smoothish, safe flight; hotel ready upon arrival; LuLu's Bait Shack with Steve; lazy afternoon in front of the television; Steve bringing dinner back to his lazy-butt wife

No comments: