Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Lesson In Self-Esteem - Part Deux

After this morning's 5K and the obligatory calorie-laden breakfast, Steve and I headed to the beach (it helps that the 5K ends there).  I won't go into details about the difficulty of standing in the "public" beach bathroom stall, attempting to  wedge my sweaty, pudgy body into my "one-piece-might-cover-some-of-you" swimsuit made by Nashville Tent and Awning.  That's a tale for another time.  This is a story about other people's bathing suits - or lack thereof.

Anyhow, once I had all my squidgy parts tucked into my bathing suit, I headed out to meet Steve.  We found Clarence, who rents Steve chairs and an umbrella (for me - I don't like the sun.  Or the beach, for that matter.  Why do I go?  Hello married life!).  We get all set up and I settle down for my post-5K nap.  At some point I hear "pssst" from Steve's chair.

Because we are fifth graders, Steve says, "Look over at the chair over there."  I do, and notice Madam reclining in her chair, getting some sun.  Only she's topless.  Now, I've been to South Beach before, and this is not some new sight  However, Madam's bazooms look like two water balloons perched on her chest - flattened.  Let me say at this point, I am not trying to criticize Madam's decision to suntan her boobs (I was hoping that she did use sunscreen on her nips, as I think that would be painful later this evening).  I am simply relaying this story to say that I've discovered the person that would probably appreciate the shower in yesterday's lesson, because she apparently has the self-esteem to bare it all.

And then, as if I needed further illustration on the fact that Madam is perfectly happy with her body, she sat up. And although her back was to us, it was evident that she was not concerned with stuffing her body into some sort of straight-jacket bathing suit.  And yes, I took a picture - some things need photographic evidence!

Not to worry though, I'll still be squeezing into my swimsuit - even if I have to grease up to do it!!

*********************************************************************************
Today's blessings:  5K with blue shirt lady; breakfast at Big Pink and lunch at Serendipity 3 with Steve; upgrade at Marriott


No comments: