Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Here's my idea of a pint on St. Patrick's Day. At first I considered cancelling my appointment at the Red Cross, but then decided to go ahead with it. The good news is that I had to wait a bit because there were several donors in line, which means more pints will be available for those who will need them. The other good news is that I had a good tech and it all went pretty flawlessly (except I had to have two finger sticks because my right finger did not meet the iron content requirement, but my left finger did). I was also entertained watching the other donors - some who did not want to watch the needle going in and those who brought an entourage with them.
And here's my little leprechaun Everley, who is still sporting her braids from the cruise. She was very excited to be wearing green, especially the shirt from Ireland that her babysitter Miranda brought her.   I tried to get a picture when I picked her up and when we first got to school, but she told me we didn't have time. Luckily her teachers convinced her to let me snap a photo!

Anyhow, here's hoping you had a great St. Paddy's day - whether you had the luck of the Irish or your own pint to celebrate!

******************************************************************************

Today is a gift because: taking Everley to school and picking her up; donating blood and watching the office group that came in together

No comments: