Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The Art Of Being Lazy

Since I have returned from the cruise, I have been lazy. As in "get only the absolutely necessary stuff done." In other words, I washed the dirty dishes, but a day later, they are still in the dishwasher. I put the dirty clothes in the sorting bins, but they have yet to make it into the washing machine. In other words, I may survive a condemnation from the Health Department, but only barely.

But it's been sort of nice. This afternoon I took a cat nap. Complete with two cats. Who aren't exactly the best of friends. But we all managed to get a snooze in a bed that hasn't been made in a few days.

There are about a zillion things that I need to do. And I will get them done. I've even started a list. But it's been nice to take a few days to do nothing. To get caught up on some missing sleep. To take a break from all that is going on and just do nothing.

So in case you're thinking of taking a "doing nothing" break, here are a few words to encourage you ...

"Doing nothing feels like floating on warm water to me. Delightful, perfect."
- Ava Gardner -

*********************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: taking Everley to school; watching "The Sound Of Music" show on tv; watching the "Annie" movie

No comments: