Friday, March 20, 2015

Who Do You Believe??

So I've been meaning to get gas, but just haven't gotten around to it. Today as I was travelling about to run errands, I noticed that my gas was getting low. The gas police said I had only two miles left while the gauge police said I had two bars. So exactly who was I supposed to believe?

Had I passed by gas stations? Why yes, I had. But they were in Brentwood and gas was ten cents higher than in my neighborhood. I was bound and determined that I was NOT going to pay that extra ten cents. Because in my Prius C, which holds maybe eight gallons, that would amount to a whole eighty cents. And eighty cents saved is eighty cents earned. Never mind how much it would cost me if I ran out of gas and had to call somebody. Or rent a gas can. Or something like that.

So I kept going, coasting as needed (because I was certain that would save me a few ounces) and eventually made it to my Kroger gas station to save my ten cents. I still don't know who to believe, the gauge or the miles left, but maybe next time I won't wait until dilemma time!!
*********************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: taking E to school; picking up completed projects; meeting Everley's neighbor

No comments: