Friday, January 6, 2017


Today was the 10K. I decided to opt out, so Molly and Katie took the bus to the start. The course goes along the boardwalk, which is where we are staying, so I went out to cheer them along. As you can see, it’s a little chilly, but eventually they came along and a kind bystander took our photo.

The bigger news is the half marathon tomorrow. The weather forecast is for bad weather – rain and thunder and lightning. The rain can be dealt with – the thunder and lightning, not so much. The big thing is that the volunteers who have to be out hours and hours before the start (which is 5:30am, so you do the math) and would be in a lot of weather danger.

Speculation ran rampant about the race all day, until finally tonight word went out that tomorrow’s race was cancelled. Of course, there are a lot of opinions out there about whether this was a good decision or bad, but for the good of everyone, I believe it to be the right decision. There was no good way to decide – if they waited until tomorrow there would be a lot of people (especially volunteers) who would be inconvenienced, to say the least. Anyhow, I was registered but hadn’t planned to do the race, so I guess I can feel good and not too guilty about not planning to do tomorrow.

The best news? Everyone can sleep in tomorrow!!

On The Boardwalk! It's a bit chilly ...

Somebody's excited about the half marathon news!
And it appears so is Christina Applegate ...
Blessings today include: seeing Molly and Katie on the race; chatting with other bystanders; news about the half marathon; more naps

No comments: