Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My Swimming Coach

This morning after I was finished with Boot Camp and had changed into a dry shirt, I ate breakfast. Then I ate lunch and dinner. Followed by dessert and a snack. All of this occurred before 10am. Clearly not wise behavior. So you can imagine the resulting sluggishness and general blah feeling. I certainly did not feel like going for a swim.

Since starting Butt Camp, I've gone for a 30-minute swim everyday. Swimming slowly (think Michael Phelps in super slo-mo, then slow it down again) helps stretch out the muscles. Usually there's nobody in my chosen lane, although occasionally I've shared a lane.

However, this morning I didn't really want to go, but decided I'd better if I had any hope of working off those M&Ms and hamburger and granola bar, etc. So I went.

Upon my arrival, I claimed an empty lane and got started. After a few laps, I noticed another swimmer at the end of the lane - time to share. By the time we had done a lap and I was turning to go back, I noticed a third swimmer in the lane - three of us were now sharing. Our newest buddy motioned that we would be swimming in a circular motion, and off we went.

Instead of my usual leisurely swim, I had to pick up the pace, since I had two other ladies literally in my wake. So, on a day I really needed to push it, I did because I had to.

Guess it's all because my coach arranged for my pace partners to be there when I needed them. Just another example of how God coaches me in all things - even the swimming pool!

No comments: