Monday, July 6, 2009

Potential

It's getting late, I'm sleep deprived, and blog ideas are few and far between. I can't even muster up the energy for a kitty video. Maribeth walked past and suggested I blog about the new roof. So here goes.

Technically it is a new roof - it's just not on the house yet. All the shingles and coverings and various other supplies were delivered today and are sitting on the side of the carport. I guess you could call it the new roof - it's just not in its final form.

So the lesson for today is potential. Just like the roof materials that are just sitting and waiting, there are always all kinds of potential in and around us, waiting to be made into the final and complete product. While things and circumstances may seem like just piles of junk, ultimately all that junk can be used to reach the purposes for which they were intended.

But like most potential, right now the roof materials are just sitting there idle. And like all potential, it won't do much good unless it is used. So I guess my lesson is to start using all those mounds of potential that exist within myself. After all, any potential that is truly ours was put there for a reason - to fulfill a purpose and destiny that is uniquely and divinely ours.

2 comments:

emily g said...

The bug man and Grayson? Did Grayson pounce on the bug man? Did Grayson belong to the bug man? Does the bug man look like Grayson?

Luanne said...

Here's the story. Bugman comes to door, asking to use water to mix his toxic chemicals. Grayson decides to trot outside, which I think is unadvisable, since bug spray may brain-damage him even further. Bugman picks him up and they cuddle - twice, when Grayson tries to go outside the second time!! Usually my cats hide whenever a stranger comes around. Anyhow, this morning Grayson left for his morning stroll around the 'hood. With all the noise and commotion of the roofers, I figured he might never return. But, about 30 minutes ago, he shows up at the back door, in the middle of all the chaos. He was ready for lunch! This is a cat like none other that I've ever had!!!