Monday, August 24, 2009

Year Fifty-Two

Today I am fifty-two. It's an age I never imagined myself being. It's an age that doesn't feel old, yet doesn't feel young, either. Is it still middle-age when you're a member of AARP?

I still have many things to accomplish. Losing weight, mastering a real push-up in boot-camp, welcoming a first grandchild, figuring out what to do next in my life - these are just a few goals to go for in the next year. I am finding that being fifty-two is not a time for complacency. It is a time to continue to look forward, to see what's next, and to keep searching for that next goal to achieve.

There are new friends to be made, new trips to travel, and new predicaments to master. There are laughs and tears and screams to be voiced. There are things to learn and to teach. There's so much life still out there to be lived.

So this next year should be full of it all. Fifty-two seems to be just the beginning. Of what, I'm not sure, but I'm certainly looking forward to the ride.

___________________________________________________________________

Gifts that make today special: E-birthday wishes, Shopping with Molly, Lackluster sales clerks, Pepperoni pretzels, New blog template, Kat's sweet contribution to the 3-Day

2 comments:

Kat said...

Sounds like a great year ahead, Luanne! I hope it's your best one yet!

Marilyn said...

Did you download this page at the Wilderness Lodge? Nice, but I can't find my way around it.