Friday, November 23, 2012

Freaky Friday

No, I did not go shopping today (which technically started yesterday or last night or at the crack of dawn today, depending on which store you were following).  Steve and Molly flew to Orlando yesterday to participate in the madness down there, and were at it from the moment they touched down.  And while I realize that there were some super deals out there, I think so highly of myself that I think my time and energy are worth the price savings (and there's no way I want to be the 501st person in line at Target to get sheets - especially if Molly will do it for me).

Sam went out, observed the lines, took pictures, texted them to those of us at home in bed, and promptly went back home.  I did wake up at 3AM this morning, and briefly (that period of time would be a nano-second) considered going out.  I chose to wash my hair (I couldn't get back to sleep), watch some TV on my non-black-Friday-probably-full-purchase television, and managed to go back to snoozeland.

I saw videos online of some of the shopping craziness.  I read reports.  I heard about some of the amazing deals that people got because they were persistent.  Bravo for them!!  But for me, I just couldn't do it.  At least not this year.

After all, the after-Christmas sales are only a month away, and mama needs a new Christmas tree!
***********************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  finishing the Thanksgiving leftovers; shopping reports from the Florida shoppers

No comments: