Sunday, November 18, 2012

'Tis The Week To Be Thanks-full

Several of my facebook friends are way ahead of me.  They started the first of November listing all the things for which they are thankful.  Most days they list several thankful things, not just one. But naturally being behind, I am a little bit late.  Although I can't make up for all those November-gone-by days, I'm going to try to use the week to be thanks-full - full of thanks for all my blessings and God-given gifts.

Today, because of circumstances that occurred today,  I am thankful for:

  • People who work on Sundays without complaint to make my life better.  These are people like ministers, food-service workers, maintenance workers, masseuses, and anybody who works on a day when others are napping on the couch.  I am especially thankful for those who work cheerfully and offer a kind word, in addition to whatever else they do for me.
  • The joys that come in small, enthusiastic packages - in other words, little kid joys.  The kind of joy that is happy for a new set of crayons, or a new set of sheets, or a bottle, or a hug, or just some time spent together.
  • Siblings - both mine and those of friends that I might only hear about on facebook and learn of that sibling love and bond that is so unique and special.
So that's just a little bit of it for today.  For the next few days, I'm going to focus of the things for which I realize are blessings on that particular day.  Maybe it will help me be aware of how blessed I am and how thankful I should be - not just at this time of year, but every single day of my life.
 
**************************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today: Marilyn at Massage Envy; seeing Lindley's new big bed; food via Molly; cable dude

No comments: