Thursday, February 14, 2013

Perspective

I've been watching the Carnival Triumph for the last few hours as it limped into port in Mobile.  It's sort of like watching any Southern news channel after a tornado as they interview those affected.  It's almost like the news reporters are foaming at the mouth, waiting for any bit of insipid piece of conversation to make their newscast come out on top.  It's been the same news as different reporters talk to passengers on the ship - things were bad, they had to poop in bio-bags, and the crew was fantastic.  And while I am glued to the television, I am also sort of ticked at those news people.

Mostly I hate it because they speculate entirely too much.  I hate because they ask the same questions over and over and over.  I hate it because they act as if this were a huge event instead of what it was - a vacation gone really, really bad.  But I think I hate it the most because just the other day I saw this online:


I know the passengers had a rough time of it. 
But by comparison, they had it pretty good, too.
**************************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  getting enough stuff done so that I feel I can leave the house for a week; dinner with most of the family; Lindley and Everley time; packing