Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tuesday With Kelly and Michael

Well, actually it was more like an hour of watching Kelly and Michael.  And Howie.  That was after spending an hour standing, waiting to be seated while some K&M marketing dude sold K&M mugs and t-shirts (I didn't buy any - must save all $$ for useless Disney stuff).  Anyhow, it was fun to watch the show.  It was a beautiful day and they both chatted with the audience during the commercials.  Oh, and you know how small Kelly looks on TV?  That is her actual size in person, too.  I didn't win the $500 gift card, but I did get free entrance into the MK, so I guess that was supposed to be just as good. 

Anyhow, once the show was done and we were ushered out quickly (because they had other taping to do), we joined the other jabillion people entering the park, most of whom had no idea what was going on and naturally stopped to gawk which further clogged the already slow-going traffic pattern up Main Street.  Eventually I made my way to The New Fantasyland, which was very crowded.  So, I wandered around a bit, had lunch, and called it a day.  Kelly and I apparently will not be BFFs - I just hope she can cope with the loss.

I spent the middle of the day doing a bit of shopping at the outlet mall, apparently leaving just before they closed the entire mall because somebody found an anti-theft device in a trash can and thought it was a bomb.  Darn those shoplifters - they need to be more vigilant about disposing of those things.

I finished the day by going to Epcot for a bite to eat and to watch "Illuminations," my favorite of the fireworks shows.  After it was over, the mom next to me said the following to her kids - "I don't know how they got that globe to move - remember going up in that?"  Apparently she thought the globe in the water was Spaceship Earth.  Now that's a true Disney believer!!
***********************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  Eavesdropping on the guys behind me in the K&M line; Kelly, Michael, and Howie show; Illuminations; finding bargains

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Love the Spaceship Earth comment! That could have been Evelyn :)

Girl with a Goal said...

LOL!!!! I don't know how they got that ball to move either...or better yet how is it in two places at once?