Sunday, August 5, 2012

Updates on My So-Called Life

1.  iPhone - getting the hang of it, except for my big fat fingers and texting.  Auto-correct helps some, although I have to pay attention to it, else I end up on some auto-correct fail website.  And no, I still don't facebook or get mail on my iPhone.  Talking, texting, and playing Sudoku are about all I can (or want to) handle right now.

2.  New boot camp - hanging in there with KB, and so very thankful that the young-un in charge is very amenable and willing to accept the modifications needed to make me appear as one of the group.  As in while everyone else is crab-walking up and down the way, I am struggling to lift and hold my trembling body in a semi-crablike position.

3. Weight watchers - tracking the points, thanks to the app on the iPhone (the only reason I switched over).  Do I see any results?  Not so much, but I hope for big changes - eventually.   I am an optimist.  Most of the time.

4.  Remodeling the upstairs - drywall people are supposed to start installing in the morning.  Could take a week.  Could take more.  There's hanging and mudding and sanding and more mudding and more sanding.  And then probably more of the same, but I stopped at the second verse.  After drywalling there's pouring stuff on the floor to level it out.  In other words, don't be calling and making ressies at "Lu's Bed But No Breakfast" just yet.

5.  3-Day Breast Cancer Walk - we took a vacay from training this weekend after we got caught in a bit of a rain shower.  One team member still needs a few $$ to reach her goal, but we've got a month, so we think we'll be fine.  Now we've got to start gathering our stuff for the trip - my, how time has flown since we signed up last fall!!

6.  Next Disney trip - Disneyland during Labor Day weekend and Disney World the last weekend in September.   Oh, and a Disney cruise out of New York somewhere in between the two.  Maybe I should just rename September to Disneytember.

I guess that's it for now - at least until I win the lottery (note to self - buy that winning ticket this week!).

**************************************************************************
Today's blessings:  not having to get up before daylight; Everley time; picking up Sam, Lynnette, and Lindley at the airport; finding the correct tile

No comments: