Tuesday, February 26, 2008

This is Progress?

Yesterday I decided to update my laptop and install Windows Vista, in hopes of great things. Late this morning it finally finished installing. There have many installations and un-installations and updating during this process. My computer has started and restarted numerous times. I have put in passwords and clicked yes and confirmed "go aheads." It is about to drive me nuts. And no, I am not on my laptop, but on the "big" computer downstairs. Laptop is still doing its own thing.

I am hanging on to the supposition that my laptop with be much better with all these updates and improvements. However, at this point, I am questioning my decision to change.

I guess that's the way it is with a lot of things that we choose to change. We want things to be better, but have a hard time waiting for them to take place. Maybe the change for the better really comes from us - we learn patience and are forced to keep our cool while we wait. Maybe we appreciate the changes when they do finally occur because we were forced to wait on them. Maybe that's the only way we can really value the improvements that changes bring - by realizing the time it takes to make things better.

No comments: