Friday, March 7, 2008

And Now A Word From My Sponsor - God

Last week I managed to catch up a little on my Bible study. One day the commentary was focused around the thought that God is always watching and watching after me. This week was certainly an affirmation of that promise.

I like to think that God was watching with amusement as Molly, Scout, and I rushed to catch a plane. Humanly, there was little chance of our actually getting to the plane on time, but we did. I believe He laughed along with us as we dropped our bags and fell to the floor upon arrival at Gate 206.

I like to think that God knew exactly where Molly's paper wallet with her ticket, driver's license, room key, and photo pass was on Tuesday. He knew exactly where it was, who had it, that it was safe, and when it would be returned. I believe He felt our frustration and worry as He taught us to trust Him to take care of getting it back to Molly.

I like to think that God knows every bump that an airplane flies over, especially when I'm on that plane. Actually I have to believe this, or I would never board a plane. I know these are His skies, and He is in control of everything that flies in them.

I like to think God sent my missing suitcase on a little vacation until it returned to Nashville and to me this morning. I believe He smiled as he listened to my scenarios of where my bag might be.

I like to think God worked with the weather as Maribeth and Mathieu sat stranded in a snowy ditch in Wyoming. I know He watched and kept them safe until help finally arrived. I believe He was happy as they were when they were on their way back to a warm house and dry clothes.

I believe that in every moment of my life, God knows exactly what is going on. Sometimes He allows life to happen as I go my merry way, and sometimes He steps in because He knows what is ahead. He's always with me, always watching after me, because He always loves me. He never leaves me - it's me who forgets He's always there.

No comments: