Thursday, March 27, 2008

Updates

Knowing how you must wonder how my life stories play out, today I thought I would update you:

#1. The Snake Saga. I dutifully went to Home Depot today in search of snake repellent. After fifteen minutes of looking at varmint poison, I finally found the desired snake product. A passing consumer even vouched for this particular brand of snake-be-gone (the only one on the shelf). However, after carefully reading the label, I found that (a) it probably would not work on the type of snake I may have (according to the snake name given to me by Landscaper Matt), and (b) if I put it in the wrong place, basically the snake will get confused and stay where he and his clan are presently located. Consumer Man said he was also told that one could go to a farm and tack store (or someplace that sounds like it) and get some logs with creosote or something on them, cut the logs up, and place them around the supposed snake place because when the snake rubs up against the cut-up-creosote log, he gets burned. So why would the snake rub up against it anyway? Needless to say, the snake saga continues, much to my dismay.

#2. The Happy Day Theory. I still had a happy day today, I just got very little done. Oh well, at least it was happy!

#3. My belly measurement for a healthy heart, according to the Cheerios (yes, the cereal) website. This morning I showed Molly the exercises that I hope to start one day to eventually get to this "maximum" waist size. Since I was in danger of breaking a hip if I continued to attempt those positions, Molly modified the exercises a bit. Now all I have to do is start them. But not today. Instead I decided to eat all the Reese's peanut butter cups that Maribeth bought on sale at Walgreen's. I don't think it helped my waistline, though.

#4. Training for the Georgia Half Marathon, to be held on Sunday. Didn't train today. I am pretending I am "tapering", a term used by people who really train. In that case, then I will also say that I was "carbo-loading" when I inhaled the Reese's peanut butter cups. I'm not sure what I will be saying on Sunday!!

#5. My revived laptop. For the most part, it is working better. I just had to purchase a bunch of new software to replace all the outdated stuff. I also had to change printers because Dell and Sony are apparently enemies. Also, Molly saved all my stuff to an external something or other, which now only whirrs when I plug it in. She was supposed to come over and check it out, but I think she ran out of aspirin, which she needs lots of when the three of us get together - me, her, and my computer.

I guess that's all the updates for now. Tomorrow I will head for Atlanta. Hopefully over the weekend, the snake will leave and take his homies with him, my days will still be happy, I will start the belly exercises and achieve my ideal measurement by Sunday, I will complete the half marathon in record time (for me) and still be alive and walking, and my laptop will continue to do its thing.

Stay tuned!

No comments: