Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Different Kind of Vacation Planning

It rained almost all day today, which was pretty fitting for Marilyn's last day of her birthday celebration. After all, who wants to leave Disney World when it's sunny? But she had to leave for Baltimore to return to work and family. I'm still here until Thursday, thanks to Mickey's "Buy 4, Get 3 Free" promotion.

So what will I do for the next two days? I'll sleep without Shaggy the Cat's interruption and think about my plans for the next six months. Tomorrow marks the first day of the remaining six months of the year, and I'd like to finally make the changes I had hoped to make during the first six months. Maybe with a few days of relaxation, I can make a plan.

It's always good to get away and think, whether it's on vacation or on retreat or on your coffee break. We all need a few minutes to put the present on hold while we take a deep breath before we think of the future.

And sometimes, if we can get a Mickey Bar in the process, planning seems like a pretty good endeavor to undertake!

No comments: