Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Fabulous 5K

This morning was the inaugural Shoney's 5K Family Fun Run. Nobody else in the family was available to join me, so I was going to do it alone. Last night, I stayed up to watch "He's Just Not That In To You," a movie that I never got in to. I finally fell asleep, only to have Shaggy the Butthole Cat wake me up an hour later to go outside. Long story short, when I woke up this morning, wogging a 5K was not on my Top Ten List. Sleeping in was.

But I went anyway, and ended up having a good time. I saw a lady walking the race with her bird (a first). I talked to some people who are doing the Disney Half in January. I saw a person with a Mississippi State shirt on. The goodie bag was filled with lots of free stuff, the race shirt was pretty cool, and we got a free lunch (burgers and hot dogs) after the race. I even won a door prize - 72 Zone Perfect Bars and a $10 gift certificate to Shoney's.

All in all, a good day. All I had to do was get up and get in to it!

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Is there a race every weekend around Nashville?

emily g said...

I think you should have taken Shaggy with you and made him run the 5K--that would teach him...maybe.

Luanne said...

M - yes, just about!

E - Good idea. Now I just have to find some kitty material like the bird lady's bird wrap thingy!

Kat said...

If Shaggy will fit on your shoulder, I'd be happy to make you a kitty fabric wrap :-). I even have kitty fabric already!

Luanne said...

K - I asked Shaggy about the kitty wrap. He gave me the death look and meowed, which when interpreted means "Bite me." I'm thinking he thinks 5Ks are for the birds!