Monday, June 8, 2009

Mommy and Me

Field trips are not relegated to the school-aged. Just ask my adult kids.

It all started this morning. I laced up my shoes for a wog and asked Maribeth if she wanted to come along. She said I should walk to Kroger and purchase some grapes for her. To which I replied that I would if she would go with me. To which she said sure. So she put on an Appalachian Trail backpack and we set out. Now, the local Kroger store is not just down the street. It is a mile away via a busy road with scant sidewalks and a stretch with a "Danger - Rocks Falling" sign. But we persevered, got grapes, bananas and other sundry items and made it back safely.

After lunch, Sam and I went to donate blood. It was his first time and my third time. We went, we bled, we had snacks, and left with t-shirts and Girl Scout cookies.

So today I had field trips with two out of three children. All that is left is Molly. Guess if she's next I'd better check the balance on the Visa (and make sure my insurance is up to date)!










1 comment:

emily g said...

Sounds like you're living life dangerously! Walking in traffic,needles-make that big needles...