Monday, June 1, 2009

June's 100 Things

It's June 1, so it's 100 Things Day. So far in 2009, I've removed 100 books, 100 DVDs, 100 kitchen doo-dads, 100 CDs, and 100 Disney treasures. Today was the day to get rid of 100 articles of clothing.

It wasn't too terribly hard. It's not that I have loads of clothes. It's just that since I don't work outside of the home, I pretty much wear the same things. I also had four boxes of "hopeful clothes" - clothes I was hoping to get in by this time - that needed to go. So I starting piling the clothes up.

There were a lot of reasons to hang on to some of the clothes. Some I really liked, but I couldn't fit in anymore. I started with them, because I am tired of holding on to them. When I need smaller clothes, I will buy them as a reward for my success. There were also clothes that other people have given me - but although I could wear them, either I didn't like them or they reminded me of things I'd rather forget. There were clothes that were sentimental and did remind me of happy times but I didn't really intend to wear them. In the end, they all were just clothes, unworn and taking up space. I decided it was time to give them new life and new meaning for someone else. I gathered up 100 pieces, put them into four bags, and took them to Goodwill.

My closet and drawers are less crowded, and I feel like a load has been lifted. I hope one day I will be the size that could easily fit into those clothes. I don't have those old clothes to stress me - I have a clean slate. Maybe that's the best part of today's 100 things - letting go of the old to make way for the new.

And I've got plenty of closet space when I need it!

1 comment:

emily g said...

Good job!