Friday, June 19, 2009

Two Feet VS Four Wheels

Today as I was out walking, a car pulled out onto the main road from a side road. Apparently the car coming up on the main road was not happy, as evidenced by the blaring of the car horn. I don't think he was saying, "Hey, glad to have you in front of me!" As the car, its honking horn, and driver went past me, I noticed the driver making gestures with his hands, sort of like spreading them out to indicate the road ahead. I didn't get it, and I'm sure the offending other driver/car didn't. I really just didn't see what the big deal was - the car pulling onto the main road did nothing to impede the car behind it. I hope the driver behind got to his destination on time, his car horn was recharged, and the driver in front learned from his "here is the road" lesson.

A mile or so later, as I was walking on the overly ample shoulder of the road, a car came toward me, well over the white line dividing her territory and mine. I hastily retreated to the grass, and the woman driver decided to quit applying eye shadow and steer her car back into her lane. I hope she arrived sufficiently made up for whatever appointment she was en route to.

Nothing really particularly relevant to say, except this - watch yourself when you're behind the wheel. You never know who may be watching!

No comments: