Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Previews of Coming Attractions

The next two weeks are going to be busy. There are many things that I have to, or want to, or need to do. I just thought I'd give you a preview:

*Complete the Wine and Dine Half Marathon. For one thing, it starts at 10pm. Usually at 10pm I am (or should be) in bed, snoring. I'm not sure how I will do in this half marathon. For one thing, I will be doing the Mickey's Halloween 5K earlier in the morning on the same day. Did I mention these races are at Disney? And that it is during the Food and Wine Festival? And did I mention that I have not trained adequately?

*Have a wedding in my backyard. Did I mention that the backyard tree went from having too many leaves to having no leaves (due to a massive pruning). Did I mention that the sprinkler system is getting redone? Did I mention that the back yard is being re-sodded? Did I mention that the paint is chipping off the cheap fountain thingy? Did I mention that the wedding is on October 10th?

*Get Lindley's flower outfit. Did I mention that since she is the flower girl, she is supposed to dress up in a flower costume? Did I mention that the first costume I purchased was 12-18 month size and too big (even Lindley is a very "healthy" girl for her age)? Did I mention that I bought another costume that was supposed to be 6-12 month size? Did I mention that when it arrived it was 0-6 month size? Did I mention that it took an act of Ebay before the seller would respond and promise a refund? Do I need to mention that it leaves Lindley with an oversize costume? Did I mention that I ordered another one that is supposed to be here by October 7? Did I mention that the wedding is October 10?

*Clean up the carport. Did I mention there is a wedding coming up in my backyard and people will have to see my carport? Right now it is very dirty and junky. There are towers of new sod. There are empty flowerpots from previously living plants. There are unused tools and unridden bikes and packages of roof shingles and bunches of doo-dads. Did I mention I am going to Disney World until Monday?

*Straighten up the house. Did I mention that Molly's house is getting remodeled and I have a bunch of her stuff at my house? Did I mention that Molly's house is not ready to receive the stuff that is at my house? Did I mention that I am going to Disney World and the wedding is October 10?

I would prattle on, but as you can surmise, I have things to do. Today I rearranged the laundry room. I just finished watching "The Biggest Loser" and now need to see which house this couple will choose on "House Hunters."

What???
_______________________________________________________________________
Today's blessings: Toyota Service Dude and customer lounge; bike shop people; front yard pine tree being taken down; Amazon deliveries; flower costume resolution; shrimp club sandwich and Cobb salad dinner with Molly; backyard returning to semi-normal; Home Depot dude; taking Rambo for his spa day

No comments: