Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Nothing Like A Change In Plans

So here was the plan: Steve was going to drive to Atlanta today for some work-related stuff. He was going to drive back on Thursday, and we were going to fly to Jacksonville on Friday for the 26.2 with Donna Breast Cancer Marathon and Half-Marathon weekend. Simple plan, right?

Steve started hinting that he sure would appreciate some company on the Atlanta trip. Everybody had things to do. Although it was my "off week" from butt camp, I still had breakfast planned with my boot-ies on Thursday.

Then Nashville weather chimed in. Apparently another "weather advisory" was headed our way. Wednesday and Thursday was going to dump 8 inches; no - 2 inches; no - 5 inches of rain; no - sleet and ice; no - well you get the idea. In other words, nobody really knows what is going to come our way - or not come at all.

It really doesn't matter, unless you're trying to get in/out of Nashville, especially from Atlanta. The problem would be for Steve to return if the blizzard came. Sure, I could fly by myself to Jacksonville, but since I travel for $5 if I fly with him, that would mean I would have to change my ticket and meet him at the airport in Jacksonville, where he would have driven from Atlanta.

So, with all this drama (weather and other), I decided at 8:30 this morning to just go to Atlanta with Steve and we would drive to Jacksonville on Thursday. Which meant cancelling flights and booking another hotel room for Thursday night. Oh, and did I mention we were planning to leave Nashville at 11:30? So I had a few hours to pack, get the house in some sort of order, pack up the sewing that I planned to do on Wednesday (what else was I going to do in Atlanta?), and basically get ready to be out of town for six days instead of three.

But I got it done and here I am in Atlanta. Now they're saying Atlanta may get snow on Wednesday night. Maybe a new plan is in the works!
________________________________________________________________________
Today's blessings: Getting stuff ready for road trip; travel block game; beautiful weather for road trip; view of downtown Atlanta from hotel room; egg salad sandwich for dinner; cruise booked with Molly (and Maribeth and Mathieu)

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Hope Atlanta is better to you than she was to me :)