Thursday, February 17, 2011

Something to Consider

"For every excuse a new strategy"

I found these words while looking for a blog post idea. The words sort of hit me between the eyes. I am usually super-proficient at coming up with excuses for not doing something or rationalizing some action that I shouldn't have done, but did. It's almost as the excuse makes everything okay and I can proceed to the next wrong thing.

Now I have new words to consider. Instead of trying to excuse why I did or did not do something, I will strategize. Eating Thin Mints? I will hide/walk away/give to a responsible party. Not wanting to get off the couch? I will run a errand, either out of the house or to the other end of the house.

In other words, there's a way around the stuff that seems to plague my good intentions, and it's not to excuse them away. All that does is seemingly soothe my emotions. By developing a strategy, not only will I get a start on doing the right thing, but I will really accomplish something.

I just love a good plan!
_____________________________________________________________________
Today's blessings: Outside boot camp; 2 miles with Maribeth; picking up Lindley at day care and seeing remodel changes at her house; looking for stuff in Molly's attic; Baja Burrito with Molly and Steve; a few Thin Mint GS cookies; getting some paperwork complete

No comments: