Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy Fourth of July!!

Tonight we decided to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks from one of the public balconies (on this floor, there are three of them) of our hotel. Steve watched them from this location last night and said they were amazing, so Molly and I decided to do the same.  About 20 minutes before showtime, I opened the doors to one of the public balconies and started to step out, when a woman who was already out on the balcony stepped toward me, swooped her arms out to each side and said, "This is for the children."  Being Southern bred and born and old, I said, "Okay," and started to close the door.  To which she replied, "But you can still come out," to which I replied, "Um, no thanks."  After closing the door, the group that was sitting at the table just inside said, "She can't say that - go right back out there."  But again, since I am an old Southern girl, I just found another balcony.

On the "adult friendly" balcony (even though kids joined us for the fireworks, and miraculously the adults let them stand in front), we were all friendly and helpful to each other.  The fireworks were absolutely spectacular from this vantage point.  I'm glad I have been able to see them from both close up and further away.

I just hope those kids on the other balcony got to see them.  I guess it's true - sometimes you do only get one chance to make a first impression.


********************************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  Typhoon Lagoon, lazy river, and wave pool with Molly; golf cart cast member in the parking lot; lunch at Columbia Harbor House; watching fireworks from the hotel

2 comments:

Denise in PA said...

I would have done the same thing! Glad you found an adult-friendly balcony! I remember sitting in a great viewing area in Saratoga Springs watching the 4th of July fireworks at Downtown Disney. Not sure if they do those anymore, but it was great - for children and adults alike! o:)

Luanne said...

From our viewpoint, there were fireworks going off everywhere! It seemed that every little town and amusement park in and around Orlando has fireworks - all going off between 9 and 11 pm!!