Friday, July 11, 2014

LWEA

Confused about the title?  Well in case you don't know the word, it stands for "Leave Well Enough Alone."  Steve started using it to me a very long time ago.  Although I'm sure I don't know why - but maybe it's because I always think there's got to be a better way to do/arrange/fix anything and everything but instead sometimes things just get worse than they were at the beginning.


Anyhow, all this is to reference the poinsettia.  As pictured above, this is a plant that KB gave me last December 11. It was probably the largest poinsettia I had ever seen.  I put it on the dining table and proceeded to give it my best shot at plant care (there's a reason I don't have houseplants - mainly because I don't know nuthin' about no houseplants).  By my best shot I meant watering it when I thought it might need watering and maybe getting it out of the sun if I thought it was too bright.

Sure, maybe now it's not at its poinsettia best splendor.  But the fact of the matter is that it is still alive and producing new leaves.  I don't know why.  I'm sure I could google poinsettias and find out what I should be doing.    I could learn about the best care and how to make it last as long as possible.  But I haven't and I probably won't.  Why?  Because it's already lasted six months longer that I would have ever expected.  And maybe if I do something different now, it would be detrimental to the poinsettia's existence.

So I'm just going to LWEA and let it be.  Maybe it will last until Christmas and maybe it won't.  But for however long it does last, I'm going to enjoy it.  Because no matter what (and even living with me), it's still going and growing.  And that makes it even more beautiful, seven months later.
***************************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  taking E to school; slarty with Lindley and Everley; Molly bringing McDs over for dinner

No comments: