Wednesday, April 8, 2015

I'm Getting Better?

After yesterday's exciting visit to the Care Spot, I went to Walgreens and loaded up on the meds that I was prescribed, which were basically an antihistamine and a decongestant, apparently in super therapeutic doses. I also picked up the nasal spray and then headed home. Since then I have dutifully taken the meds as prescribed, along with the Vitamin C and some Advil (for my sore ribs from coughing). Anyhow, I can say that after 24 hours, I am getting better. Although I don't look like it or feel like it.

So how would one know that I am getting better? Certainly not by the sneezing, coughing, hacking, watery eyes, and general yucky vibe that I emitting (and exhibiting). However, let me tell you that I am indeed getting better. Because stuff is draining and drying up. My father used to say, "It's going to get worse before it gets better," so I'm hoping that today is as bad as it's going to get.

Of course, since I obviously come from a long line of optimists, I'm not sure that's the way it's going to be ...
*********************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: Everley time and coming over later to spend the night; believing that I might be getting better; chatting with David about his new job; getting a few tasks complete

No comments: