Thursday, April 30, 2015

And We're Headed South. Again.

This morning at my favorite hour of crack-o-dawn thirty, Steve and I headed to the airport. Yup, we're headed south again, to that place in Orlando that we tend to visit. This trip's reason? Twofold - one, it's time for the Expedition Everest 5K, and the other is that it's KB's birthday. She and Molly will be flying down later this afternoon after work.

It's been a few months since I last flew, but absence has not made the heart grow fonder of flying. Nevertheless, I boarded the plane and around 90 minutes later we were pulling into the Orlando Airport.

We arrived early enough to have breakfast at KeKe's, one of Steve's new breakfast spots. He was planning to play golf with some friends after dropping me off at the resort. I figured I could go to a park and use some time to wait until our room was ready, but guess what - before we finished breakfast I got a text message that our room was ready!! This was at 10am in the morning!! So we stopped by Publix for some supplies and headed for the resort.

For the rest of the day, I unpacked our stuff, headed to the MK and Downtown Disney, and managed to get in a short nap (last night's sleep was practically nonexistent). Steve came home from golf and we decided to go eat dinner before picking up Molly and KB at the airport.

And then Molly texted and said they would be taking the next flight, because Southwest was looking for volunteers to give up their seats. And their reward for giving up their seats?  $462 in a Southwest voucher!  Yay!! Except for the fact that now they get in at 12:30am.

Oh well, I guess it's good training for the 5K. Which begins (yes I said BEGINS) at 10pm on Saturday night. Sleep is pretty overrated anyhow ...

********************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: safe, smoothish flight; room ready early; breakfast with Steve at KeKe's and sweet server; chatting with lady at MK Starbucks; getting tasks complete; dinner with Steve at the Lobster and another nice server; Molly and KB's SW luck

No comments: