Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Sssh! What's That I Hear?

That would be nothing. In other words, the coughing plague of March 2015 is over!!

It's amazing how happy not hacking every 5 seconds makes me. It's amazing not having to live off Halls and Mucinex and whatever else is available in my meds arsenal. It's amazing not to have sore ribs from the atomic coughing fits of which I am capable. It's amazing not to have to sleep sitting up so that cough-making mucus will keep going down my throat and not activate my cough maker. Did I mention it's amazing?  Anyhow, the point is to enjoy this time of health. The foliage is blooming and my car is covered in pollen, so who knows when my respiratory system will revolt again.

Nevertheless, I have learned a few things during Coughpalooza 2015:

1. Honey as a remedy was not a good idea. After sharing my experience, I did field queries as to what honey I used, how much, when I tried it, and how I used it. I answered none of these questions because I couldn't remember any answers. But the thought of eating honey still makes me retch.

2. Finding the correct OTC meds are crucial, even if it involves going to an actual medical place. Just pay attention to the computer ipad thingy when you sign in.

3. Cough farting is common. I googled it. Dr. Google is my physician of choice, anyway.

4. It's true, that you don't realize what you had until you no longer have it. Or maybe it's you don't realize what you didn't have until you no longer have what you had. Anyhoo, I was thinking along the lines of an uninterrupted night of sleep, a non-scratchy throat, cough drop wrappings scattered all over the place, pseudo-coughing where you think you have to cough but don't really have cough volume so you sort of do a weak cough that irritating because it accomplished absolutely nothing, and trying to find a clean medicine measurer to measure meds because they're all used and in the sink.

Anyhow, the cough is over and I think I'll go to bed. And sleep the sleep of non-coughers!!
*********************************************************************************
Today is a gift because:  Taking Everley to school; getting one thing accomplished

No comments: