Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sixty-Five Pounds

That's the weight I want to lose. According to the doctor's scales yesterday, losing this amount of weight would put me at a goal weight I haven't seen in many moons. Is it possible? Yes. In the past few years, I lost sixty pounds, only to gain 25 of it back. So, technically, if I meet this goal, I will have lost 125 pounds altogether.

I would like to lose this by tomorrow, but since I'm not giving birth, I don't think it will happen that quickly. Instead, I am shooting for my 2009 doctor's checkup, which is a sensible and doable timeline. I'm going to do this on a healthy diet and more exercise. I know it's a radical weight loss theory, but I'm determined to make it work.

I've added a goal chart to the right to help encourage and inspire me. As I meet each goal, I'm going to celebrate and hope you will join me. It's a big mountain to climb, but I can do it - it just takes one step and one pound at the time.

See you at the top!

2 comments:

Kat said...

You can do it!! One minute at a time, then one hour, then one day, and before you know it, you'll be SuperGirl!! (Does this mean I can't treat you to a Mickey Bar?)

Luanne said...

Technically, Mickey Bars consumed by certified princesses on Disney property have no caloric consequences. Especially if you are doing a 5K one day followed by a 15K the next. Or so I've heard!!