Monday, April 28, 2008

So The Reason You Have This Office Is ....

I have a precarious relationship with Sprint, the cellular company. Just about the time I have had enough of their stuff, I get sucked into another contract.

Today's mission was fairly benign. I had received notice that Phone #2's contract (a phone the Orlando Sprint office had talked me into because my phone died - their only alternative) had finally expired and I could take it off my plan. Wanting to talk with a real live person, I decided to go directly to the Sprint office.

I arrived at the office to find it remarkably unbusy. A sign on the door told me that the service and parts part of the office would be moving this week, but since I was interested in neither, I went on in. I told Sprint Lady that I wanted to remove Phone 2 from my plan, but wanted to make sure that Phone 3 went to Phone 2's place without a problem.

Sprint Lady said they didn't do that at the office, but gave me the phone number to call to cancel the phone. Okay, so I had a second question. Did they have a heavy-duty senior citizen loud-ringing phone to replace Phone 3, henceforth to be Phone 2, which belongs to 90-year-old GDizzle in Mississippi, who has already been through 3 phones already, still in search of the perfect cell phone. Sprint Lady says the Sanyo Something-or-other is the sturdiest one they have. I ask if they have one in the office, to which she goes over to the display case, says it is no longer there, but I can probably order it online.

Okay, so I have a third and final question. My phone is scratched and beat-up and sad from my repeated unintended abuse. I would like to switch to an old phone that is in the drawer, which is actually Phone 2 from Orlando which became GDizzle's Phone 2 after I had put the number on hold, which replaced his Phone 1 that went through the washing machine but got fired because it didn't ring loud enough and was replaced by GDizzle's Phone 3. Guess what. They don't do that in the store, but when I call to take Phone 2/2/retired phone off the plan, they can switch my current phone to that one. Whichever number it is.

So, in short, I made a trip to the Sprint store for three reasons but for no reason at all. Go figure. The good news is that GDizzle's plan is up in September and mine is up in October.

I think we can make it, if we can just keep all the phones out of the washing machine!

No comments: