Monday, July 21, 2008

I Can See Clearly Now - Hello Past!

Both eyes are working in tandem, thanks to my new soft contact lens. I had tried soft lens several years ago, but went back to gas permeables because I preferred the clearer vision. After my exam today, the optometrist and I discussed the different lenses, and I decided to try the soft lens again. Eureka! The improvements since my last foray into soft lens have resulted in very positive results for me. Plus, I am contact-enabled for my upcoming trip to New York City this weekend.

There was an interesting twist to today's eye exam (as there usually is with my experiences). Among the various machine exams they performed, one was some sort of picture of my eyeball, or the back of it, or something. When the optometrist was reviewing it with me, she asked me if I had been told about toxoplasmosis. I replied that I did 35 years ago when my cat was diagnosed with it.

Well, apparently on my eye scan picture there were some spots that were toxoplasmosis related. Apparently when my cat Tinkerbell had it, I got it, and now I have toxo-eye-spots. There is a more professional name and explanation, but the doc said mine were on the side of my eyeball and my vision wasn't in jeopardy, so I'll bypass the medical lecture.

So, today the past came back to me. Contacts returned new and improved, and Tinkerbell returned with further proof of how he affected my life. I guess that's what makes life interesting - you just never know how the past becomes your present.

No comments: