Thursday, July 31, 2008

Working It For Thirty Days

According to my calculations, I have officially done without computer solitaire/spider solitaire for thirty days. Today as I was waiting for the family computer to get going, I decided to play a game. It simply didn't have the allure that it once did. I did not get the satisfaction of playing that I did thirty days ago.

Which leads me to think - what can I accomplish in the thirty days of August? I am not doing well on Weight Watchers. I follow program for a few days, then take a few days off (meaning: eat whatever you want, girlfriend!). Needless to say, while I have lost nine pounds, it has been a struggle to lose and maintain even that amount.

So, starting tomorrow, I am going to try again. I am going to try to stick with the program religiously for the next thirty days. I am going to work it and myself into a new habit, just as I did by giving up video solitaire.

If I can be as successful in "doing" something as well as I did in "not doing" something, then in thirty days I should be on my way. It's certainly worth a try.

No comments: