Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sometimes Ecology Has A Price

Okay, so I recycle. I reuse, regift, and repurpose. I try to do my little part to save the world. Recently when I was in Orlando, I even managed to refill my travel printer cartridge.

Which brings us to today. The printer cartridge in my main printer ran completely out today. I had the refill kit left from Orlando, and decided to go the refill route again. It did not go well. Not only did I manage to get ink over just about every surface, I tinted my fingers in the process.

I don't know what went wrong this time - if the syringes were clogged or the ink was yicky or what. In the end, I ended up with a filled cartridge (or maybe overfilled) that the printer won't even recognize as full and keeps telling my the cartridge is empty. I have a waste basket full of ink-stained paper towels and other assorted trash from the incident. I have a few still-full ink refiller things that I don't know if they will/can be used for future debacles. I am able to print documents, with the darkest ink I've seen in a long time. I think this was a success?

And to think, Marilyn wasn't even here!!

No comments: