Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Natural Gas

Tonight's blog is brought to you by ... the baked beans I ate for supper. Yes people, let's chat about gas. I think it's time we "cleared the air," so to speak.

First of all, let's be honest. Everyone passes gas. It's a natural function. And yet we act as though it is a personal insult if we are in the presence of a gas passer - unless we are indeed the gas passer. I say, let the gas pass.

Second, remember your important gas-passing episodes. Remember the first time it happened with your significant other? Remember the first toot your child performed? I'm just saying, if it was so important that you remember, it couldn't have been a bad thing.

Third, share your experiences. I remember the time I beeped in front of my class. Which wouldn't have been so horrible - except that we had a guest speaker, some business dude who was trying to teach my students about Junior Achievement. Needless to say, it was no junior achievement on my part.

Fourth, perhaps we are all just a little uninformed on the whole gas gamut. Therefore, as a teacher, I will help you with some gas facts. Breathe them in and share your knowledge.

Finally, I acknowledge the fact that sometimes it is a bit uncomfortable if you are in the presence, yet not the originator, of the passage of the gas. Wouldn't be cool if instead of calling the gas police, you instead congratulated the gass-er? After all, it might be quite a feat that was accomplished in your presence.

I think that's all for now. Go eat your beans in peace.
________________________________________________________________
Things that make today special: Pedis with Molly; chatting with the M's; Bubba burgers with Steve, Sam, and Lynnette; texting with Lucy

No comments: