Sunday, August 1, 2010

Happy August 1

Today is yet another first day of the month. Another month to try and get my stuff together. Another month to make wise fiscal decisions. Another month to complete all those projects that are half-complete. Another month to read more books. Another month to jog on a regular basis, to eat sensibly, to clean up/out my house, to cure cancer, to solve our nation's problems, and to achieve world peace. It's good that August has 31 days in it!!

On the first day of a new month, I am both enthusiastic and trepidatious. I imagine all that I can do and fear all that I won't do. I have plans and ideas that sometimes weigh me down and tire me out. I want a big dose of motivation and no dose of lethargy. I want to see change, not inertia. I want the last day of the month to be a big celebration of accomplishment and results. I want, I want, I want - and it's scary because then it becomes a matter of I will, I will, I will.

And that's where the rubber hits the road, the tough get going, and a fire needs to be lit under me. In other words, talk is cheap and actions speak louder than words. Today's the day I start over - again.

Maybe this is the month my life changes - for the better. If it is, we'll have a big party on the 31st - my treat.
____________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: Noshville with Sam, Lynnette, and Lindley; Molly's new frig purchase; Gina and my shoulders at Massage Envy; Charity's treat and chat at Sonic

No comments: