Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Motivation - For All The Wrong Things

This morning I got up a little after 5, with the intention of jogging. In the current Nashville heat wave, it seemed like the best time for such an effort. Unfortunately, my brain came up with enough reasons not to do it, so I didn't.

I have an exercise sheet that our boot camp coach gave us. It's a workout for the week we don't have boot camp, supposedly to keep our muscles in shape. Every time I return for a new session of boot camp, I wish I had worked out. I read over the sheet with the intention of actually trying to do the routine. But I haven't gotten past the "reading" part.

Instead this is all I can think about:


I'm sure there's a connection between these things, but I am blissfully ignoring it. Wonder how many calories are burned when you exercise your brain?
___________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: BSC with Lindley; 3 hot miles with Lindley in her stroller; e-chatting with Maribeth; spaghetti dinner with Sam, Lynnette, Lindley, Steve, and Molly