Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Getting Back To Normal ... Whatever That Is

After a day of gut-wrenching (and retching) illness, I needed a day to recover and hopefully find some semblance of normal. I was plenty happy not to be trotting off to the bathroom every 90 minutes. But there were other things to do - like clean house, eat real food, consider returning to butt camp, and other such things.

Unfortunately, Molly contracted the crappy crud last night. Since she has Rambo The Hyper Dog and the floor dudes were coming to her house to install shoe molding and seal the tile, it meant that I was also going to have to resume my position as Molly's House Assistant.

Everything went pretty much as well as I could have hoped. The big tv got fixed, I replanted some flowers into the flower bed, we got some rain so I didn't have to worry about the new sod, I disinfected Lindley's toys, I got laundry done, I talked with the floor dudes and rehung a few of Molly's new doors, and I actually ate some solid food. It seems to have been a pretty good day.

The real test will be tomorrow at 5 am when I have to decide about butt camp. Will I be ready to get with that program?
__________________________________________________________________
Today's blessings: Stomach bug over; getting stuff clean and put away; Molly's floors getting finished; rain; TV repair dude

No comments: