Saturday, October 30, 2010

Hallo-Weenie

Tomorrow is Halloween. I have no candy for the little trick-r-treaters, which is probably a good thing, since I would have already inhaled it. Halloween is not one of my favorite holidays. Here's why:

1. The candy issue. For one thing, my thighs don't need it. For another, I always buy good stuff, in case I have some leftover, which is a mixed blessing because of my inhalation issues. Also, I have issues with how much to give the little beggars. One piece? It's especially hard when the little creatures can count - they eyeball each piece that goes in. The guilt kicks in and I pitch in a few extra pieces - and then guilt eat a few myself!!

2. The costume issue. I get the princesses and witches, but some I have no idea who they're supposed to be. So all I can say is "Well, aren't you cute?!" Lame, I know. So I have to eat a piece of candy to try and jog my brain cells a little.

3. The time issue. When does it start? Dark? When does it end? When the candy is gone? When 15 minutes goes by with no ringing of the doorbell? When the trick-r-treaters drive their own cars into my driveway? In other words, when can I start eating the leftover candy?

4. The scary issue. I don't like scary. I don't like the idea of getting tricked. I don't like ghosts and goblins and witches. In other words, I don't like the whole concept. Why don't we just call it what it is - Candy Night? And if it's Candy Night, then I guess I'll have to eat some candy to commemorate it.

So there you have it. Halloween is just one big fat conspiracy to keep me from my goal weight. Guess I'd better get to the store to aid and abet the enemy!!
______________________________________________________________________
Today's blessings: Sleeping late (anything past 5:30am); moving stuff and Las Palmas with Molly

No comments: