Wednesday, April 27, 2011

In Case I Didn't Get It ...

Back in my teaching days, the ideal teacher taught her lesson, then retaught it for those students who didn't get it the first time. In my classroom, I had to reteach several times for my students who needed the extra time to finally "get it." Sometimes I found those students a bit irritating. Payback sucks.

Today I thought I would be excused from butt camp due to the stormy weather that was going on in Nashville. No such luck - God decided to part the heavenly waters so that I could get to camp safely. He was reteaching me yesterday's lesson - that two weeks off, sitting around and doing nothing more aerobic than feeding my face, makes Luanne wimpy and weak.

I get it. I also hate it, not just because it's hard to get back to where I need to be, but because I know what's its like to be where I need to be. It's like going to summer school to make up the work you missed by skipping/sleeping during/not listening during class - it's not fun, but it gets you back on track.

One day I'll be back on the honor roll - hopefully never to fall behind again!
=======================================================================
Today's blessings: God's break in the weather so I can make it to butt camp; picking up Lindley at day care; Lindley feeding M&Ms to Maribeth; electric dude at Maribeth's and young electric dude who drilled the dryer vent; Las Palmas with the Ms

No comments: