Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Lesson Learned?

Yesterday I skipped butt camp because I was still getting over a weekend bout with a cold/sniffles/sneezes/allergies. I didn't figure my dripping sinuses would be very appealing for my fellow boot-ies.

Today I made it back, although I was going to have to leave class early to take Steve to the airport. But even in that 45 minutes, I learned the same lesson I learn every first day of a new session - DO SOMETHING MORE DURING THE OFF WEEK THAN SIT ON YOUR ALREADY AMPLE-ENOUGH FANNY!!!

In other words, everything seemed hard today. The cruise pounds certainly didn't help. But the worst is that part of me that should be learning that lesson is the part that constantly said, "Take today off - you'll run/workout/swim/exercise tomorrow." Unfortunately tomorrow always became today, and I made the same promise for tomorrow.

Every first day I learn the same lesson. But apparently the part that hears that lesson is a slow learner. It's the same part of me that eats unwisely. And it's that same part that can't believe that I'm not in better (or smaller) shape. Go figure.

Maybe this time will be different. There's a part of me that is always hopeful. Maybe if that part will listen to the lesson, the slow learner part will follow suit. I just have to get all the parts together.
========================================================================
Today's blessings: clean den and taking MB's stuff to her house; electrician dude; lunch at MB's; CPK dinner with Maribeth and Molly

No comments: