Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Mouse, The Golden Gate, and Me

After spending a week at Walt Disney World and then flying to San Francisco, one might think that the Disney magic would be gone. One would be wrong.

Here's how San Francisco has some Disney magic:

1. It has a Disney store with San Francisco Disney pins. If you don't know what I'm talking about, this blog post is not for you.

2. The MUNI bus system is similar to the Disney resort bus system. You wait for the bus for where you want to go and board with any number of people - from very few to a packed busload. In some cases, the inside of the bus looks just like a Disney bus (even with fussy babies)!

3. The Walt Disney Family Museum - 'nuf said.

4. In my hotel, there are NO Disney channels on the television. However, while I do not get to see the Top Ten Things To Do At Disney World, there are eighty-eleven ESPN channels - just like WDW. I don't like it any better here than there.

So maybe I thought that San Francisco would be a Disney-less break until to my Disney cruise. I thought wrong. The Mouse - he is everywhere!
*************************************************************************************
Today's blessings: riding the bus with Steve; Walt Disney Family Museum; seeing the Golden Gate Bridge; lunch at Rocco's; Disney pin from Steve

4 comments:

Denise in PA said...

Disney. Pins. I get it (my husband gets it even better than I - you should see the collection - there's even a blog post about the Disney Pin Quilt - LOL!) The Disney Family Museum - wasn't aware - have to go there someday! Have fun on the cruise!

Luanne said...

Denise - of course, I had to go right to your blog to see if I could find that post, but couldn't find a search thingy - got a link?

Does the word "vinylmation" mean anything to you????

Kat said...

Luanne... I heard "quilt" and "Disney" in the same sentence and had to go looking... found it! http://mylifeinquilts.blogspot.com/2010/08/some-disney-quilting.html
(Denise also has a great scone recipe on one of her recent posts... yum!!)

Luanne said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Kat - thanks so much for the link - I finally have free internet in the Vancouver airport so I went to it and was nearly awesomed out!! You quilters amaze me anyhow, but this was a new kind of amazement!!