Monday, July 18, 2011

I Didn't Want To Do It - Part Deaux

Go to Monday morning boot camp, that is. Last night insomnia came to visit a spell, finally leaving around 2am. Then the cats decided it was time to go outside at 4am, and wanted me to open the back door for them. Getting up at 5am to attend boot camp and make a presentable effort was not looking so great.

But 5 o'clock came and the self-arguing began. I was tired, my legs were still a little stiff from Saturday's 4-miler, I needed sleep, I needed something to eat, blah, blah, blah. I argued with myself until 5:20, hoping I would give in. But I didn't.

I got up, had a toaster waffle and Diet Coke, got dressed, and went to butt camp. Luckily, my butt-buddy Karen there and skillfully camouflaged my lackluster attempts at burning calories.

After an hour of sweating and panting, today's butt camp session was over. I had managed to make it through without passing out. As usual, I was glad I went.

Now if I can just get the alarm to take tomorrow off, then I won't have to waste time theorizing why I should get my butt to camp.
*****************************************************************************************
Today's blessings: David and Kody taking the corner cabinets to a better place; Matt the Landscaper and helper taking out most of the liriope in the backyard; Wendy's dinner with Maribeth; sweet notes from Marlinda and Rachel

No comments: