Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Confession

Okay, I admit it. Once again I have no idea of a blog post topic. Smart thinking would say, "Then don't blog - wait until inspiration strikes." That would be great advice, except for the fact that this blog would become dead in the water. As in cease to exist. Because my habit is, if it's not a habit, then it doesn't get done.

I am a creature of habit. I don't have many regular habits, as evidenced by my current physical state. I have fairly regular hygienic habits, although there have been times that I've rebelled and gone to bed without brushing my teeth.

However, this blog is one thing that I force myself to do every day. The only times I've not blogged have been during 3-day weekends or when I was in the hospital parting ways with my gallbladder. In other words, the only reason I don't blog is because I physically cannot do it on my computer.

So, the question remains - why? Of all the habits that you need to work on, why is this one the one habit that you faithfully (and almost compulsively) keep?

I have thought about this (for at east three minutes) and have come up with the following reasons:

1. If I don't write something, I won't write anything. Possibly ever again. It's easy to stop doing something forever, if you stop it once. At least it is for me. So I post every day. It may be an amusing and/or comment-provoking blogpost, or it may be a cartoon, but there's a post.

2. If I waited for inspiration to strike, we'll all still be waiting. Sometimes inspiration doesn't strike until the fingers start striking the keys. And I won't start striking the keys unless I make myself, so I make myself start striking every night.

3. I keep hoping one good, regular habit will help me keep other good, regular habits. Still working on that one.

4. I like to keep you thinking - "Will tonight be a good one or another kitten video?"

Anyhow, that's why I keep this thing going. Because for me, it's what I need to do.
***********************************************************************************************
Today's blessings: watching movie on tv; getting projects completed; ESPN Club for dinner with Steve

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Kitten video, cartoon or inspiration- I read 'em all- keep 'em coming!