Friday, September 2, 2011

Just Call Me Jabali

Last week on my birthday, a baby elephant was born at my favorite place, Animal Kingdom. He did top me slightly in weight, coming in at 311 pounds, and will probably grow to weigh over 10,000 pounds (although I hope to go the opposite direction weight-wise).

Today the keepers gave him a name - Jabali - which means "strong as a rock" in Swahili. Somehow, this inspires me to do better, try harder, and be stronger. Watch me and Jabali go!

**************************************************************************************
Today's blessings: SLEEPING PAST 5AM!!!, 3 laps around the resort lake; phone chat with Marilyn, chat with housekeeper Migdalia; swim in the quiet pool; shopping and dinner with Steve

1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

I'll say "hi" to Jabil for you in a couple of weeks! O:)