Thursday, September 8, 2011

My Disney Day

It started at Animal Kingdom where I got to see Jabali (that's his little elephant butt behind the tree) with his mama. It was all so super cute!!

We also saw the lion walking around voicing his opinion of the morning. We saw the lioness stretched out on her rock, not listening to a thing the lion was saying. We saw the cheetahs walking around. We sat on the safari for 10 minutes waiting for a giraffe to clear the road, which he wasn't going to do because he had found a prime piece of munchies hanging from a particular tree - which happened to be in the middle of the road. We watched as an AK truck came in to help persuade the giraffe to move, which it did, only to return to the road once the truck had driven away. And then we watched as the truck returned again and again to try to talk some sense into the giraffe. And yes, we helped Wilson catch the poachers and rescue the baby elephant.

At Downtown Disney, I happened upon the newly Bippity Bopped princesses as they were having their royal parade. I watched as they rode the carousel and the cast member blew bubbles around. I waved back as the little princesses waved their best royal waves.

I had my burger at Beaches n Creme and stared (like everyone else in the restaurant) at the group that was going to undertake the Kitchen Sink.

I ended my day watching Fantasmic! at Hollywood Studios. Although it's not my favorite fireworks show, I couldn't help but clap and yell whenever Mickey came onstage. It was a great ending to this current Disney vacation.

M-I-C -- See ya real soon (like in about three weeks)
K-E-Y -- Why? Because we like you (and we don't want to vacay anywhere else!)
M-O-U-S-E!!!
**************************************************************************************
Today's blessings: safari fun and seeing Jabali; bippity bop parade and princesses; Fantasmic and dinner with Steve

1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

Oh man, now I'm really itching to get there! One more week until I see Jabil!!