Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Is It Time To Panic Yet??

According to my calculations (and I got out my adding machine, calculator, and slide rule to make sure), Christmas is two weeks away.  As in two weeks from today.  And my category in the family Christmas gift exhange is "make it."  As in make everybody's gift.  Now let's check the progress on this year's gifts:
Gifts to make: 8   Gifts made: 0

Some people I know quilt and are probably quilting and sewing to make crafty quilt things for their entire office building.  And when they're not sewing and quilting, they are apparently cooking and baking, probably for the office building next door.  Since I neither quilt nor cook, I shall have to think of other makeable things for this year's festivities.

I'm not totally out of it.  I have ideas for the 8-month-old and the almost-3-year old.  I also have an idea or two for one or two of the adults.  But I haven't started any of it.   I guess I should get started.  I think there's some leftover lumber, nails, and paint from the remodel - now to locate the Gorilla Glue ...
****************************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  Mr. Bill fixing the hot water issue; Everley time; Mathieu bringing Starbucks and then lunch; security installer dude and new security system; gifties from Marilyn and Eddie; tech visit from Molly; candy sweets from Bill

1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

Are you talking about me??? LOL Wish I lived close - I'd sway you over to the dark side and make you learn to quilt! o:)