Thursday, January 10, 2008

Disney Expert or Annoyance?

While on the bus going from Downtown Disney back to Boardwalk today, I sat next to a married couple. She had on a Disney "Happy Anniversary" button. I wished them a happy anniversary and we continued with small talk. In the course of the conversation, I found out that they were headed to Epcot, but were unsure as to exactly how to get to The Seas. I promptly put my two cents in, and showed them where to get on a boat when we got to the hotel and gave them further instructions on how to get to their final destination.

What's my point? Normally, I work very hard at minding my own business when I hear people discussing their vacation plans at Disney. I don't want appear a "buttinsky know-it-all." Today I decided to try to help.

There's a fine line between wanting to help and getting in the way. Sometimes the line is so fine it's nearly invisible. Sometimes we don't even notice the line until we cross it. But many times we are able to help simply because we weren't afraid of the line and reached out.

No comments: